Find a home on the shores of progress
Vibrant. Modern. Thriving.
Join one of our coastal communities, each infused with easy living and generous hospitality.
The Coast’s cost of living is below the U.S. average, and coastal communities (including Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Bay St. Louis, Gulfport) have repeatedly been voted among America’s most affordable beach towns by multiple publications.
- Median home value: $194,655*
- Median annual property tax: $826*
*according to National Association of Realtors
With generous tax benefits and warm temperate weather, residents ages 65+ find Harrison County, Mississippi and, in fact, the entire coast, an ideal place for the next adventure.
Volunteer opportunities, walking trails, biking, pickleball
- One of the most affordable urban housing markets in the South
- Generous homestead exemption (for persons over 65) up to $75,000 of market value on property
- No state income tax on qualified retirement income including Social Security, IRAs, 401s/403s, and pensions.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (The University of Southern Mississippi – Gulf Park Campus, Long Beach)